To help youth understand that Love Jesus gives freely can change the way we live
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
if you could hang out with one person for one hour who would it be and why?
would you rather spend live 20 years in future or 20 years in the past?
In your life, there will be people that you don’t get along with and have trouble loving them the way Jesus says we should.
- Is there someone who you acted aggressively towards or didn’t show love to? would you change how you acted towards them? what would that look like
- If you took the time to act like Jesus did how would that change the way you live?
In Ben’s talk, he talked about how we went out of his way to hurt his parents but they continued to show him unconditional love and this is the same kind of love that Jesus shows us every day.
- Do you agree with what Ben is saying how in life we can continue to do things to hurt our relationship with Jesus but he will continue to show us, love?
- If you chose to love people the way Jesus loves you what would that look like?
Read Matthew 22:34-40
Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about Love and forgiveness?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
during this week we want to challenge you to truly do what Jesus would do and love like he loves even to those who we struggle with loving
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.