To help youth understand that the forgiveness that Jesus gives freely is also something that we should share
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
what is one thing you couldn’t live without? why that one thing?
Could you give up that one thing for five million dollars?
In your life, there will be people who hurt you. people, who you will feel like it is impossible or difficult to forgive but Jesus calls us to a higher standard.
- Is there someone in your life who you haven’t forgiven for something they have done against you? why have you held on to that pain?
- why do you think it’s so hard to forgive? what do you think would happen if we showed the level of forgiveness Jesus showed that woman to those who hurt us?
In Spencer’s talk, he talked about how Jesus showed him how he hurt him. and how deep that hurt went but Jesus still showed him grace, forgiveness and love and how this changed how spencer interacted with people.
- Do you agree with what Spencer is saying about how in life we can continue to do things to hurt our relationship with Jesus but he will continue to show us, grace and forgiveness?
- do you think we deserve the grace Jesus offers? why or why not?
- should the grace that we receive from Jesus change how we interact with Jesus and the people around us?
Read Matthew 18:21-22
Later Peter approached Jesus and said, “How many times do I have to forgive my fellow believer who keeps offending me? Seven times?”Jesus answered, “Not seven times, Peter, but seventy times seven times! and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about Love and forgiveness?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
This week all we want you to do is to forgive those who hurt you and ask for forgiveness for those who you have hurt
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.