To help youth understand that Jesus is the ultimate healer both physical. emotional, and spiritual
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
if you could store one type of food in your pocket what would it be?
what’s the weirdest food combination that you’ve tried?
Often in our lives, we get put in a situation or circumstance that we don’t like or understand but God is asking us to put our faith and trust in him even though we may not understand or want to
in the story spencer told of the man who healed by Jesus he had come to a place of giving up he was content laying on his mat every day being stepped over and watching other people get healed. But Jesus had another plan for his life
- do you understand that Jesus might have other plans for your life despite what you believe he has something greater than you can imagine. do you believe this why or why not?
- why do you think we give up when Jesus is saying I have greater things planned?
In Spencer’s talk, he talked about how in life there are moments of brokenness moments where we feel like giving up and then there are moments of healing but the moments of healing always outway the moments of brokeness
- Do you agree with what Spencer is saying about God heals despite the moments of brokenness?
- do you believe that God can heal you despite the moments of brokenness?
- what is holding you back from trusting God to begin healing?
Read Philippians 1:6
I pray with great faith for you, because I’m fully convinced that the One who began this glorious work in you will faithfully continue the process of maturing you and will put his finishing touches to it until the unveiling of our Lord Jesus Christ!?”
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about Overcoming the world around us?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
pray for each other, pray for healing and believe that the healing process will begin
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.