To help youth understand that Jesus has the ability to do the miraculous
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
if you could travel to any place in the world where would it be?
if you could have any animal as a pet what would it be?
in the story Becky told of a little girl who healed by Jesus did something that most people didn’t believe was possible
- do you believe that Jesus has the ability to do the miraculous in your life? why or why not?
- how should it impact our lives knowing that Jesus can miraculously change our lives
In Becky’s talk, she talked about how we can be healed both in the physical and in our mind no matter the circuimstance
- Do you agree with what Becky is saying about God can heal our minds?
- do you believe that God can heal us in any circumstance
Read Luke 8:49-56
While he was still speaking to her, a messenger arrived from the home of Jairus, the leader of the synagogue. He told him, “Your daughter is dead. There’s no use troubling the Teacher now.”
But when Jesus heard what had happened, he said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid. Just have faith, and she will be healed.”
When they arrived at the house, Jesus wouldn’t let anyone go in with him except Peter, John, James, and the little girl’s father and mother. The house was filled with people weeping and wailing, but he said, “Stop the weeping! She isn’t dead; she’s only asleep.”
But the crowd laughed at him because they all knew she had died. Then Jesus took her by the hand and said in a loud voice, “My child, get up!” And at that moment her life returned, and she immediately stood up! Then Jesus told them to give her something to eat. Her parents were overwhelmed, but Jesus insisted that they not tell anyone what had happened.
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about Jesus’ ability to heal?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
pray for each other
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.