To help youth understand that Jesus is the Overcomer and through Jesus, we can overcome all and any temptation
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
Do you prefer winter or summer? Why did you choose one over the other?
has there ever been a time where you wanted to give up but didn’t? were you glad you didn’t give up?
In our lives, there will be moments where will want to give up or give in to our temptations because it seems easier but Jesus is saying instead of letting the world overcome you you can be an overcomer!
- has there a time that you were able to overcome temptation? how were you able to overcome?
- why do you think we often struggle with overcoming our temptations?
In Spencer’s talk, he talked about how he gave up how he felt the temptation to give up on life would be better than any future he had But Jesus showed him that the promise he had for him is better than any temptation and that he had the power to overcome this temptation
- Do you agree with what Spencer is saying about how we have the ability to overcome our temptations?
- where does the power to overcome our problems come from?
- Does knowing that Jesus can help us overcome our temptation change the way we interact with them?
Read 1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about Overcoming the world around us?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
This week all we want you to do is if you have a moment of temptation is to stop and remember that the promises God has for you are better than the satisfaction of temptation
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.