To help youth understand that if we put our faith in Jesus we can overcome the storms in our lives
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
would you rather try something new or do something that you know you love?
What’s more terrifying going skydiving or being on a ship in a really bad storm?
Often in our lives, we get put in a situation or circumstance that we don’t like or understand but God is asking us to put our faith and trust in him even though we may not understand or want to
- has there been a time when you been a situation you didn’t want to be in but you grew stronger and better because of it? what did that look like? how did it make you stronger
- why do you think we often struggle with trusting God with our circumstances and our situations?
In Kim’s talk, she talked about how it often feels like God isn’t listening or is sleeping instead of listening to her problems. that it felt though she was going through a storm alone. But in fact she just needs to trust God and understand that he has a plan.
- Do you agree with what Kim is saying about how our life can look different if we put our faith in God?
- what does it mean to put our faith in something?
- what is holding you back from trusting God?
Read Matthew 6:26
“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about Overcoming the world around us?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
This week all we want you to do is try trusting God completly with one thing this week
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.