To help students understand that Jesus is Savior and how that impacts how we should live
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
If you could have anything for Christmas what would it be and why?
what is your favourite Christmas tradition and why?
in Darien’s talk he asks the question why does this story matter?
- when looking at the story of Jesus do you believe it matters? why or why not?
- if we believe the story of Jesus matters should this change how we live our lives?
In Darien’s talk, he talked about how we often make mistakes things that we should be punished for but Jesus doesn’t punish us for those mistakes but instead loves and forgives us
- Do you agree with what Darien is saying about the love & forgiveness of Jesus?
- do you believe that no matter the mistakes we make Jesus still loves us?
Read Romans 3:23-25
“Since we’ve compiled this long and sorry record as sinners and proved that we are utterly incapable of living the lives God wills for us, God did it for us… He got us out of the mess we’re in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. God sacrificed Jesus on the altar of the world to clear that world of sin. Having faith in him sets us in the clear
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about who Jesus Is?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
pray for each other
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.