To help youth understand that they can overcome the struggles and obstacles that surround them.
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
Have you ever given up on something? What did that look like?
When you think of your favourite action movie like Avengers, James Bond, Indiana Jones etc; How would the movie have ended if the hero gave up at first sight of resistance?
In our lives, we can feel completely defeated as though there is no way to overcome our circumstances. When we feel like this how should we react to those situations?
- During difficult circumstances what kind of person should we turn to for help or support?
- Why do you think it is important to not give up during times of trial and hardship?
In Kim’s talk, she talked about how in life we can often feel like everything around us is rooting against us.
- Do you agree with what Kim is saying how in life things won’t always be easy and that we will face struggles and hardships?
- During these times when it feels like the world is against you, how should we cope with what feels like an impossible situation?
- What kind of impact on our situation does it have when we hand it over to God?
Read Matthew 11:28-30 – “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light”
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about overcoming hard circumstances?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
This week we want to challenge you to not give in to the fear that you feel but during this week when you feel like you can’t overcome your current situations, Pray and hand it over to God.
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.