To help youth understand that in life we can feel unprepared but if we lean on God he can give us the tools to become prepared
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
If you had to choose between going camping in December or go to the Sahara desert in a full snowsuit which would you choose and why?
Would you rather be surprised about a vacation or fully prepared for one?
In our lives sometimes it feels like we are unprepared for what about to come but God has promised that if lean on him he will give what we need that he is willing to pack our bags for us
- When you feel unprepared what can you do to feel prepared for the struggles that will face?
- Why might it be beneficial to lean on God and let him pack our bags for us?
In Kim’s talk, she talked about how in the midst of our lives we often not prepared for what is about to happen in our lives but if we take the time to trust in God he can teach us to be prepared
- Do you agree with what Kim was saying about being prepared for the struggles we will face
- Why do you think it’s important for us to begin to prepare for the things that life will throw at us?
Read Philippians 10:12-13 states, “I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about overcoming hard circumstances?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
during this week we want to challenge you to read Ephesians 6:10-18 and figure out if you are wearing the full armor of God if you aren’t, ask yourself why not?
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.