To help youth understand that even though our fears feel like the unconquerable we need to remind that through Christ we can overcome any fear
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
Would you rather run through a swarm of hornets or jump off a 40ft cliff?
Have you ever had an irrational fear? What was the cause of it?
In life, we often have irritation and rational fears but no matter what your fears are God is there to comfort us and help us overcome our fears.
- Have you ever been able to overcome your fears? How did that feel?
- Why do you think we create these irrational fears in our heads?
In Darien’s talk, he talked about how fear is misguided faith. Where instead of putting our faith in God we put our faith is our anxieties and other’s people’s fears and lies.
- Do you agree or disagree with what Darien is saying about our fears?
- If our fear is just misguided faith how do you think we can correct that misguided belief into something that can overcome our fear?
Read Romans 8:28 “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose”
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about overcoming hard circumstances?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
during this week we want to challenge you that if at any moment you feel the fear that instead of putting your faith in your anxieties take a breath and focus on God instead and see how that changes your outlook.
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.