To help youth understand that in the midst of our hard times and struggles we can rely on God not only to help us through it but give us peace in the midst of our situations
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
If you had to choose between getting your birthday present today or on your birthday which would you choose and why?
Do you think waiting for the good things in life is worth the wait?
In our lives sometimes it feels like the chaos and difficulty of our struggles and trials is something that we can’t escape but it may not be about escaping but finding a sense of peace
- During these hard times, what can we do to find God’s promise of peace?
- Why do you think it might be beneficial to look for peace instead of a solution during hardships?
In Spencer’s talk, he talked about how in the midst of our struggles we often look for a way for it to end. He poses that instead of looking for a way out we should find a way to find comfort and peace in the middle of the struggle.
- Do you agree with what Spencer was saying about how we should deal with your struggles or hardships?
- Why do you think it’s important for us to seek peace instead of the instant solution?
Read John 16:33 –And everything I’ve taught you is so that the peace which is in me will be in you and will give you great confidence as you rest in me. For in this unbelieving world you will experience trouble and sorrows, but you must be courageous,[a] for I have conquered the world
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about overcoming hard circumstances?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
This week we want to challenge you this week to simply trust in God that you will make it through your struggles so if you feel anxious or nervous this week just pray that God will give you peace.
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.