To help youth understand what it means to truly love someone and teach them how to love others more effectively.
Go around the room and have everyone share one high point (best thing) and one low point (worst thing) about this past week
Why do you think superheroes wear masks?
Have you ever pretended to not be okay? What did that look like?
Does putting on the mask of everything okay affect how we live our lives?
- Why do you think we pretend to be okay? when we are feeling anything but okay?
- What are some reasons that we might pretend to be okay when they are not?
In Darien’s talk, he talked about how its okay to not be okay but itis not okay to be alone. how in life we cant expect to get better if we do it by ourselves
- Do you agree with what Darien is saying about inviting people into our lives
- What does it look like to show someone that you’re not okay?
- Why is it important to not be alone when we are not okay?
Read Isaiah 41:8-13: “But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen,you descendants of Abraham my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. “All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all.
For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”
- What stood out to you in this passage? Do you agree with what the author is saying here?
- What do you think the author is trying to say about not being alone?
- How would your life be different if you truly believed what the author is saying?
ACT IT OUT:
This week we want to challenge you to do one thing: we want you to check up on your friends during this time anxiety, fear, and feeling of being alone is really common so check up on your friends and make sure they’re doing okay!
Ask your group/child if there are any prayer requests or praise reports that they would like to share. Take a moment and pray over all the requests.